RedETSA’s main objectives include:
- Identify the status of HTA in the Region, at national, sub-Regional, and Regional levels, and the priorities in order to facilitate cooperation among countries and institutions through networking;
- Facilitate access to information through the RedETSA’S Community of Practice on the Platform on Access and Innovation for Health Technologies (PRAIS*);
- Strengthen human resources, including assessment teams and decision-makers, in the use of HTA;
- Promote best practices in HTA;
- Promote technical cooperation among institutions (national, sub-regional, and global);
- Reducing information asymmetries and improving the processes of decision-making;
- Stimulate the consolidation of local HTA networks and their synergy with RedETSA.
Our objectives will help to improve the quality of patient care, safety and the rational use of technologies, as well as contribute to the sustainability of health systems while ensuring equity in access.